Successful Government Website Checklist
Successful government websites accomplish many things. The following guidelines will help you evaluate whether your government website lives up to your citizens' expectations.
- Identified as your official website
- Contains current information
- Organized for your intended citizen audience
- Content is accessible to all users regardless of disabilities
- Uses plain, non-technical language
- Provides links to helper applications for all files you provide (i.e. links to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDFs, Word Viewer for Microsoft docs, etc.)
- Maintains consistent navigation
- Maintains a consistent, cohesive graphical theme
- Uses responsive design technology
- Provides a search box on every page
- Provides link back to the homepage
- Provides feedback opportunities for citizens
- Provides easy access to public documents
- Enables online filing of applications, forms, etc.
- Maintains an up-to-date calendar
- Provides extended communication opportunities via email alerts, etc.
- Has developed and follows website standards
For more information about creating your successful government website, please contact us today