Is your online calendar doing enough?
Calendars are a staple of government websites - keeping the public informed about upcoming meetings, community events and more. But if your calendar doesn't provide automatic address mapping, automatic linking to meeting agendas, and one-click creation of recurring meetings for your boards and committees, you're probably working too hard!
Online calendars should be easy to use and easy to manage, giving residents all of the information they need about upcoming events, not just a teaser.
Clicking on an upcoming meeting on your home page should take visitors to the calendar details where they can quickly find:
- Meeting date and time
- Meeting location with an automatic link to maps with directions
- Detailed information about the meeting or event
- The agenda and packet
With a MunicipalCMS website, you get all of this and more.
- Publishing a meeting agenda and/or packet automatically updates the agenda center and links the documents to the calendar with no additional work on your part
- The built-in photo library lets you quickly select a stock photo or your own graphics to add visual interest and increase engagement with site visitors
- Every calendar entry contains all of the information your visitors need - photos, documents, videos, sign up forms, and more. You name it, the MunicipalCMS calendar supports it.
MunicipalCMS calendars even send residents automatic notifications about upcoming meetings and events. There's no extra work for you - your residents subscribe to any calendars that match their interests and we do the rest with custom emails tailored to the interests of each subscriber.
That's the future of e-government. And it's already here with Municipal One.
Contact us today
and get your community engaged with Municipal One.